UNE Online is partnering with the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)’s New England chapter to present the 2018 Maine Conference. Health professionals in the New England region are invited to join a day of educational and insightful presentations centered around healthcare trends and projections.
And did we mention that students can attend for free with their student ID?
WHO, WHAT, WHEN, AND WHERE?
716 Stevens Ave. Portland, ME 04103For more information including pricing and parking, visit the HIMSS website.
There will be four major talk tracks:
- Population Health
- Value-based Reimbursement
- Predictive Analytics
- Care Coordination
These topics underline HIMSS’s and UNE’s dedication to innovation in the health sciences. HIMSS, a global non-profit organization, specifically aims to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology.
The New England Chapter of HIMSS further supports this mission by encouraging relationships and collaboration among healthcare information management professionals throughout the New England territory, and by developing educational programs, networking opportunities, and other events for its membership base of 3,325 members (as of June 2018).
LEARN FROM REGIONAL HEALTH EXPERTS
Speakers will include:
- Lisa M. Letourneau MD, MPH, Associate Medical Director at Maine Quality Counts
- Kayla Cole, CSP-SM, Project Manager at Quality Counts for Kids and Caring for Maine and Maine Quality Counts
- Shaun T. Alfreds, Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer at HealthInfoNet
- Amy Flaster, MD, SVP of Population Health Management + Care Management at Health Catalyst and Associate Medical Director at Partners Healthcare
- Jeffrey Brown, CIO at Martin’s Point Healthcare
- Daniel O’Neil, MBA, Vice President & CIO at CareDimensions
- Renee Broadbent, MBA, SVP Population Health at Holon Solutions
- Aaron B. Carpenter, Privacy Officer at Maine Medical Center
- John Rogers, CISSP, Director of Advisory Services at Tyler Technologies/Sage Data Security
- Elaine Mullin, RN BSN, Manager, Population Health at Maine Medical Partners
- Michael Kanarellis, HITRUST CCSFP, Principal at Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Mike Yunes, Director of Enterprise Data Management at MaineHealth & Maine Medical Center
THE 2018 MAINE CONFERENCE AT UNE
The University of New England has a long-standing tradition of innovation in the health and sciences, and is the leading educator of health professionals in the state of Maine. UNE’s online graduate programs are now furthering that tradition with its Health Informatics program. In that vein, the Graduate Programs in Health Informatics at UNE Online were recently recognized as an official HIMSS Approved Education Partner. This designation ensures that students in our health informatics programs receive high-quality, rigorous health IT and healthcare education that meets established requirements set by HIMSS.
UNE Online is honored to partner with HIMSS for this unique chance to learn and network with health professionals from across the region. We hope to see you there!