As a result of meeting the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)’s rigorous standards for quality health IT and healthcare education, University of New England (located in Portland, Maine) has been named as a HIMSS Approved Education Partner (AEP).
“HIMSS is pleased to welcome University of New England as an Approved Education Partner. By earning this designation, the organization has demonstrated that their educational development activities meet the rigorous standards for quality as identified by HIMSS. With the AEP designation, University of New England establishes itself apart from others.”
– Mara L. Daiker, Senior Manager, Professional Development, HIMSS
Background on HIMSS Approved Education Partners
An HIMSS AEP is a training and education provider that meets HIMSS’s rigorous standards for effective health information technology and healthcare education.
As an AEP, University of New England joins an exclusive group of organizations authorized to offer HIMSS-approved healthcare and health information technology education and training programs. These programs prepare candidates for advanced knowledge in health IT or healthcare.
HIMSS highlighted several aspects of University of New England’s programs as cause for AEP inclusion, such as:
- Offering a variety of online opportunities for students to pursue education in the field of health informatics including certificate, bachelors, and graduate programs
- Well-rounded programs that focus on topics including, but not limited to: public health, quality, computer science, databases, legal, compliance, project management and emerging opportunities
- Coursework designed for content mastery, building and further developing technical proficiencies, and cultivating and growing leadership attributes
- Programs that also serve as a solid foundation to prepare the student to take the CAHIMS or CPHIMS exam
UNE Online: Health Informatics
At UNE Online, we partner our students with a personalized support model and collaborative learning with field experts to produce career-ready professionals upon graduation. Our health informatics programs are tailored to meet the needs of full-time, working professionals who are looking to advance their career and remain competitive in the field. Both the Master’s and graduate certificate courses include an unmatched focus area model that concentrates your studies on topics aligned with your career path. For more information on our HIMSS-approved graduate programs, download our brochure today!