What is the Difference Betwen Health Informatics and Health Information Management:
- Health Informatics connects people, technology, and data to better improve healthcare outcomes and safety by supporting operational and technological advancements globally. Pay range: $50-$75K
- Health Information Management is the management of personal health information in hospitals or other healthcare organizations that enable the delivery of quality healthcare to the public. Pay range: $35-$40K
What Is Health Informatics?
Health Informatics connects people, technology, and data to better improve healthcare outcomes and safety by supporting operational and technological advancements globally.
- Drives operational efficiencies that enable streamlined comprehensive care and the protection of patient data
- Health data collection, storage, extraction, manipulation, reporting, and communications through technologies like wearables, Apps, and Telehealth
- Design, configure, and manage health information and clinical support systems
For more information on getting a degree in Health Informatics
Click the image below to view the comprehensive guide toHealth Informatics vs. Health Information Management. The below PDF from UNE Online includes salary ranges, core curricula, and a sample of job titles and roles.